SuperMicro Mobo Issue

I updated my H11SSL-NC to the newest bios last night, but now the board doesn’t seem to post. It shows the supermicro logo for about a second, with the PEI–DXE phase start in the bottom left, then just goes to no display output right after that.

The IPMI is plugged in, but I am not getting a network connection on it.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

To be clear of what happens. It shows the super micro splash screen, and in the bottom left PEI–DXE phase start, then the display goes dead and it doesn’t go any further.

Any reboot after that just loads to no video output. If I clear the cmos, it does the PEI–DXE move again.

is there a graphics card or similar device present? I know even a lot of the newer boards the slot defaults to legacy and cause the system to fail posting. Flashing the bios would have reset settings to default.

or a card that it could think is a GPU like a computer card…

Also try disconnecting the PSU so even standby voltage is gone, give it a few min to drain all the caps, then try booting again.

tried both with and without a GPU with no luck

did you do any of the listed steps?

yes, sorry i wasnt clear. The VGA input works as it displays the supermicro logo for a second, JPG1 is set to 1-2 to allow onboard VGA to work, only 1 dimm in slot DIMMC1.

CMOS has been cleared, jumped contacted, and everything removed except mb/cpu power and 1 stick of ram.

That is everything on both lists.

BMC light is flashing, ipmi port on back of motherboard flashes with activity after boot and when PC is off. I have tried to wireshark with it directly connected to my PC, but It does not fire out any whois pings, so i am unsure of the address associated with IPMI as it doesn’t show on my network when plugged in as well.