SuperMicro 2026TT-H6RF nodes only detect half the memory?

Hello people, I had no other idea where to ask, so I came here. I got myself the afformentioned server for very cheap (I know it’s not modern, but good enough for me) to use for distcc/other things, the specs on it are: 8 xeon E5645s, 3 of the 4 nodes have 24 gigs of ram in them, with 3 4 gig sticks/ socket, and one has 32 with 1 8 and 1 4 gig stick/ socket. The system boots completely fine, everything (seemingly) works, except the BIOS (and linux too) say that I only have half the memory installed (12 or 16 gigs). I followed the manual, installed the ram correctly and in the right sockets, and at 1st I thought it only detected the ram for a single socket, but I’m not sure if thats the issue. The memory is tested, every stick works, I tried reseating it multiple times, but nothing really helped. I looked around in the BIOS, didn’t really find anything, the manual didn’t say anything about it either, and I don’t think jumper configs would affect this. BUT when i populate all 12 slots on 1 node (for 48 gigs of ram with 4 gig sticks) it detects all 48 gigs. The manual very clearly says that my 3 stick/ socket configuration should work, because it’s a 3 memory channel chip, but it doesn’t. Did I miss something, or do I have some kind of hardware fault on all 4 of my nodes (very unlikely in my opinion).