Sunken Cost WS

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Status update i bought the wood over the holidays i settled on acacia since i found a perfect size glue-up board.

4 Likes

Cutting and finishing the structure, made the base supports out of plywood since i had a pice of the right size and wanted to make a test fit before committing to the acacia

3 Likes

One side done! one side to go!

2 Likes

Ok… this is embarrassing it looks like my woodworking needs some work… ok back to cutting I guess…

Cut one panel and then use a router with a flush trim bit to cut the other to match.

1 Like

that is a great idea! But don’t have the router available now, but will wait and do this when I have it back.

Will just level the legs and continue with the filter frame! 3D renders coming!

Hey people!!! Its been a while!

Ok so status update, still waiting on the router to finish the main faces… so i took the time to redesign the parts that i had to mod so much and finally I got done with the renders and am happy with the result so here they are!!

I will be building the frame next (pictures numbered 3) since i got all the materials for it, also work on the bases cut them to their new geometry.

I will conduct some calculations on this render to make sure everything fits and after i will cut a new base in polycarbonate now with all the new features. Hopefuly soon!!

3 Likes

Picture time!! ok so, got the router again, trimmed both pieces flush to each other. Now resizing the supports for the plexy chassis. After will use some putty to fill the imperfections and paint it all black since i don’t really love the look of plywood.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.