Sunco 50W Ceiling Panel Flicker Free? LIES! But Let's Make It So

YT video link goes here when it’s published

@wendell, accurate colors are essential in my work areas. Any tips for finding high CRI lights? Or a cheap way to test them? I’m replacing all of my fluorescents and every LED tube I’ve tried feels off.

I’m tempted to buy rolls of (alleged) high CRI LED strip lights and stick them in the fixtures, then re-run the fixture wire back to a single Mean Well LED driver attached to the light switch. A single DC converter is more efficient, but then I’d have to trial and error the lumens per foot and roll my own diffuser (exposed bulb).

1 Like

do you have a digital camera that can produce a waveform?

if not nbd you can do it with a still camera.

do you have a graycard like this one?
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1649331-REG/calibrite_ccc_colorchecker_classic.html/?ap=y&ap=y&smp=y&smp=y&lsft=BI%3A6879&gclid=CjwKCAiA0KmPBhBqEiwAJqKK42nV5cZcJKHjb4zde_qvQbmkMzV1CmIWWW3DNbexBLOqBO-QROM9zxoCwQYQAvD_BwE

so the idea is to take a pic of thise outside in good light (early am or just before sunset) and look at the wave form.

then set the exposure under the light and take a picture of the gray card. if the wave

3 Likes

I don’t have a dedicated video camera. I have a 5D Mark IV and an assortment of C920ish webcams. None of them appear to be able to show a waveform.

So the idea of using still shots is to compare RGB histograms while dialing in the exposure so the brightness histograms line up? Fix the WB to 5500k, shoot the card outside during the golden hour, then under the suspect light?

1 Like

prettymuch
you can bring the exposure up or down to roughly match exposure in varying light levels. The sensor will color this a bit because you know sensors with low light will have more noise

but it gives you an idea

2 Likes