Sub 150 pounds 7/ 8 inch tablet

Hello,

I am looking for a tablet to watcher youtube/ Netflix and movies on without breaking the bank I have looked at options such as the Amazon fire tablets but have read that they are plagued with amazon self advertising with I don't want.

Are there any other options?

I have been looking at these but don't know, which would be the best option?

or would a slightly bigger screen help so pay a bit more money for this

Most tablets only way about a pound, should be easy to find one under 150.

Kidding aside, I have the nexus and it's great.

2 Likes

A year ago I got one at walmart for a 100 bucks in the states with the folio keyboard. It has been massively abused in and out of the truck. I really like that I can use it with or without the case/keyboard. It was one of the BEST tech purchases I ever made. I never even looked at who made it. Some off brand.

I have an amazon fire tablet.
I had bought it with the intention of seeing what a $50 tablet was capable of.
After installing cyanogenmod 12 on it and wiping all of amazons foot print off it, I'd recommend it if you're looking for something cheap.
Otherwise, I think the nexus 7 would be the best option. Great specs and the pure google experience is perfect for a good youtube and netflix tablet.

The amazon cyanogenmod tutorial for anyone interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dwguHoxTvo

If you have a John Lewis close to you, try their clearance section.

I picked up a Nexus 9 32GB for £149 the other day. It was a returned product (didn't say why, but some of them do).

Still get a 2 year warranty and 90 day return period.

What do you think of the nexus 9 I have been looking at one?

I really like it. I only use it for watching video (online and streamed from NAS) and occasionally browsing the web. It seems to be faster than my old Nexus 7 (2013)