Stuttering/bad frame pacing pls help

I have a Ryzen 7 5800x rtx 3070 32gb of ram temps are good cpu 38c gpu 48 to 50c I did a clean install of windows 11 {same thing would happen on 10} I tried turning off core performance boost and precision boost overdrive in bios ram is set doc? dual channel mode as well ram is rated for ryzen too power supply is 1000w I real don’t know what to do my first pc did this too and I just build this pc not too long ago this is my 2ed pc I’m just so tired of it I was thinking maybe it’s a Ryzen thing? My sis has an intel pc and there’s nothing there like mine :frowning: idk what to do pls someone help me

ps got drivers from here: ROG Strix X570-E Gaming | ROG Strix | Gaming Motherboards|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG USA

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

Now this is curious, does your 2nd PC share any parts with the 1st one?
Also, have you updated mobo BIOS (take appropriate precautions if you do this)? it says version 4021 improves performance, and several versions before improve stability and compatibility.

What games are you playing?
3070 running 50 degrees means it’s pretty much idling. My guess is you are running your games off of an SSD, right? Cause modern games have textures the size of the Just Cause 2 world map.
Also what games are you playing? Cause no matter what supercomputer you have, Cyberpunk still doesn’t run smooth.

As a rule never get the drivers from the 3rd party. Get them from nVidia, not ASUS. Check your device manager for any devices not installed or functioning (DMA conflicts etc). Ensure your BIOS is current as @vivante noted and make sure it’s set up correctly i.e. not trying to do something stupid like run a 3070 as PCIe Gen 1. Make sure you don’t have any devices hogging things and or problematic to the boards PCIe lane break out.

This is not a Ryzen issue. Most likely your board, BIOS, Windows/drivers, memory. I’ve got 2xxx and 5xxx series Ryzen’s here that run insane workloads, multi GPU with zero issues. I’ve even played Escape From Tarkov while I decompiled it and the game ran as smooth as butter. That said I also don’t run WinBLOWS.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.