Strange Image Quality Issues SOS

Hey guys,

So I recently got a new computer and as soon as I plugged it in and powerd it up I noticed something funky going on with the screen.

Resolution is fine and nothing is stretched, my problem is harder to explain but I'll try my best.

Everything looks slightly overexposed, and the mouse and text has a weird shadow on either side of them. Infact most of everything is causing a small weird shadow on either side of itself. All the text has an unusual quality and is hard to read sometimes, cleartype does nothing. I have to say my old computer created a fine image, although that was through VGA and my gtx 660 does not have a VGA output. I considerd switching to a DVI cable in the hope it would effect the quality but I then discoverd my monitor only has VGA and HDMI inputs.

1920 x 1080 has a "native" caption besides it in the nvidia control panel however 1842 x 1036 looks a bit better.

Hardware:

My monitor is a 1080p Logik (only has VGA and HDMI inputs).

My graphics card is a GTX 660 which I am connecting to my monitor via HDMI.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, this is an unbearable issue as I'm trying to work on my portfolio in photoshop. I can't afford working with these odd shadows and blown out looking images.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Charlie.