"Steamroller" will crush "Haswell"

i bought a haswell processor based on price.. and went in thinking the worst case scenario cause of all the bs i read on the net.. it actually runs pretty cool and performs really well.. it's no 3770k but it is definitely better than the 3570k.. it doesn't run as hot as people make it out to be. computer is stable, overclocks well and performs as i would expect.. i still prefer [email protected], i have 2400mhz ram in but feel 1600mhz is less glitchy and more consistent. the z87 features are the selling point to me.. i wont find that in am3+ rigs.. even with the elite models of am3+. please dont call me a fanboy, i whore all processors equally in my lan.

Forgive me if i'm incorrect Logan, but wasnt it confirmed that Intel will skip the X89 Platform and move on to X99? Im still waiting to upgrade from my 3820 also.

On this note, for budget builds, AMD does throw it all out in this aspect, unless power bills are a consideration. With regards to people who only game though, AMD or an i5 is always the recommendation. The only issue I personally have with AMD is the power draw and the instruction sets. Other than that, they are a marvelous company, without them, Intel could monopolyse the market, and charge even more. Intel fanboys need to calm down a notch and understand that different companies have different strong points, and not slam anyone the second they so much as mention AMD

there is amd kabini and amd temash processors.. so i mean, amd can make tablet processors with temash. now how good they're is another story.. 

Temprature clames always tend to be exxagurated. People said that the 8150 ran really hot, which it doesnt. Im cooling mine with a crap H60. around 34C idle. ~55C-60C under load. Its not the coolest, but deffinately not as hot as everyone said it was. 

(Most people making claims of "It runs too hot" have never even owned one)

I've got to read more. laptop. whoops. I also have windoze 8 I still think it's a stupid concept STOCK with startisback it's fine, however I prefer ubuntu.

Anyway for tablets tegra and whatever cpu they use (arm) is the way to go amd isn't even trying to get in they don't have any products for tablets (far as I know) so in tablets amd isn't even available. for laptops amd is better because I have a amd a10 and an intel i7 the amd kicks the intel. that's both on integrated graphics however when using cpu intensive programs like winff(which isn't programmed to use the gpu) the intel is far faster.

for desktops amd again isn't a contender when it's more expensive and slower as skull indicates.

The power draw is not that much more, at all. A few dollars more over a 3 year span, which is really the useful life of the CPU.

http://liliputing.com/2013/06/gigabyte-introduces-s10a-tablet-with-amd-temash-cpu.html

the radeon chip in amd apu is far superior to intel hd.. end of story.

some times a slower processor with a faster graphics chip is better. 

Thats true, but im not so sure AMD wants to be into that area, seeing as how theres no tablet that even uses AMD graphics (That I know of, I could be very wrong)

I believe AMD is more focused on GPUs and Console CPUs/GPUs as of late.

I don't know, lol. The wattage of the new 7xxx and 9xxx CPUs will use about double that of the 81xx series. And about 4 times that of the new haswell chips.

a proof of concept.. as dumb as it sounds... a 3770k processor(faster cpu) using intel hd 4000(slower gpu) graphics playing skyrim.. vs an amd a10-6800k(slower cpu) and radeon hd 8670d(faster gpu) playing skyrim.. i would choose to play on the amd processor personally.. because it would be playable.. add a real graphics card to the mix and that all changes.. food for thought. 

skull I have that exact situation with my laptops I understand that piss off and explain something I don't know like programming.

if you're gonna argue at least make sense. lol.. i can code in asm both forwards and backwards if you like and on multiple architectures.

the situation you provided I HAVE IT i have and apu craptop and an intel craptop intel is shit for games but better for anything else.

how does that even relate? I think we're off topic someone wanna kill plz?

arm processors are novel at this point.. compiling anything on them(kernel) is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....  dreadful experience. lol

next line of amd processors may destroy intel haswell. the motherboards will be the reason why it doesn't matter much like now with the am3+. z87 vs 990FX or even z77 vs 990fx

ok fine by me i've shown my position. I can't be bothered to keep up with this now.

amd has been working on tablets for some time now,, but they're not going for arm based, i beleive they're going with a6's to save power and reduce heat

edit: actually they already have one out http://store.vizio.com/mt11xa1.html

The 8350 was what I was comparing, not the new AMD chips. They very may well make Haswell cheaper on a pure power-based decision.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about in having the fastest CPU anymore. I find CPUs to be "puny" for the workloads I require. I work with parallel work loads in case you're wondering (OpenCL over IP).

That being said all of my servers run AMD CPUs and AMD GPUs. My gaming PC is a 3930K but all of my work stuff runs on AMD.

You can just do more things, at once, on an AMD platform and it makes is great when you're dealing with several Virtual Machines making use of your Parellel resources (I run a video encoding engine for a video hosting site).

So yes Intel per core performance is superb but it does fit everyone's needs.