So unfortunately without an aarch64 build, I think this is a dead end. Manjaro ARM doesn’t have a 32bit build. I’m going to see where I get with the method in that article. I have already noticed quite a few differences from their instructions:
- It seems that steamlink needs a graphical environment on buster to get things set up. I didn’t find it easy to get the stretch version so I’m on this path now. If you do the same, don’t go with the lite image as you’ll need most of what is taken out.
- Run this command
touch .local/share/SteamLink/.ignore_cpu if you get an error about needing a rpi3 or up when it starts the steamlink update.
- I immediately ran into an issue where I had to
qemu-img resize raspbian-buster-lite.qcow2 +2G. I’m not sure what the right increase is but 2G seemed sufficient. It runs out of space following the posts instructions on the first run of steamlink where it tries to upgrade.
I’ll report back with if I have success. It’s unfortunate it’s turned out to be this complicated. I really didn’t want to dualboot or run debian based, but that probably would have been much easier.
After all that I’m still getting
/home/pi/.local/share/SteamLink/steamlink.sh: line 145: 6768 Illegal instruction shell -platform "$QPLATFORM" "[email protected]" so now I’m going to ditch buster and try again. Fingers crossed. Here’s the location of the repo where the non buster images are
After a lot of trying a failing, I gave up on the qemu approach. I instead have added an nspawn container with raspbian in it to my manjaro arm install. I like this solution because the hardware can run armhf no problem. It was a bit of a pain, but it appears to be working. I’ll perhaps try the exodus method and see if I can’t produce a tarball that could be shared. It would honestly be much easier.