Steam and Lutris Games Switching Off Secondary Display

I have been using Pop (20.10) since it came out for gaming, but recently I have been dealing with this issue whereby everytime I launch a game (through both Lutris and Steam), the game launches on my external monitor (as I want it to) but switches off the laptop display. I can switch on the laptop display back from settings once I have quit the game.

Any ideas on what’s causing this issue? I am on kernel version 5.8.0-7642-generic, using nvidia driver version 460.56.

its normally what you do to get gsync/freesync working. Linux has yet to figure out how to run VRR modes in multi-monitor configurations like windows does.

1 Like

Wait a minute… my laptop uses a 144Hz Gsync capable display, but my external monitor is not gsync enabled. Shouldn’t it be switching off the external display in this case.

Also, I don’t remember this being an issue last month. It just started happening out of the blue…

in the game configuration you can tell it to switch off whichever display. It will maybe default to switch off a display by itself which is what’s causing you a issue. Set it manually.