Star Citizen News

Was hoping to get this running under Linux but the stupid installer still struggles to unpack the p4k file, still needs downloading under windows to work.

Some people claim to have fixed it so launcher will unpack the files but I suspect they had pre-existing files…

How are you trying to install it? I was able to install it from scratch with Lutris using their install script, and specific Wine prefix for Star Citizen.

1 Like

I looked at what the script was doing and did it all manually with no luck. I’ll mess with the script again sometime but it seems my system has a issue preventing the launcher from working correctly, and I’m not alone it seems.

figured it out, lutris scripts don’t support ntfs, I won’t be installing this game on a linux only supporting partition… how dumb to not separate container and game files in installer…

2 Likes

area 18 is 10/10

I like how you’re keeping this thread updated.

2 Likes

I’m mostly waiting for Vulkan API and Network Meshing support to arrive, think that might happen by 3.8/3.9…

MISSION
SHARING

Oh boy, this still seems to be a LONG way off from anywhere worth playing IMO. Maybe 3.8 I will dive into and take a look at but probably nothing notable until 4.0…

What’s the size of the game files up?

My coworker and I were talking about how large games are nowadays compared to even just a few years ago.

its in the 50s, I feel like its justified for SC considering the detail of ships and worlds.

Oh, that’s actually smaller than I thought with the graphics and all.

the soundtrack is small compared to other games, its all ambient.