SSDPE2NV153T8 u.2 nvme ssd on Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

SSDPE2NV153T8 on Linux Mint 21.2 kernel 6.5.0-1014-oem kernel ( obtained via the gui Update Manager/s … View/Linux kernels selections

I am considering buying this u.2 ssd for mass and fast storage ( movies… a crap ton) to finally replace my slow#$$ toshiba 7200 rpm 16TB internal hdd.

I assume this controller/adapter here JEYI U.2 to PCIe 4.0 Adapter, NVMe 2.5" U.2 (SFF-8639) SSD PCIE Expansion Card | eBay should let me easily accomplish the mission on my Taichi x570 motherboard ( 7900xtx occupies top pci express x16 slot. Thus lastly I’d have to recall which of the remaining 2 pci express slots would make the most sense to connect this adapter and this Intel u.2 nvme ssd to

The only thing is …I have at least 3 other Sata connected devices ( one 16TB toshiba hdd which I’d like to have connected temporarily while of course copy/pasting over all my data from it to the Intel u.2 ssd, then after I confirm all the data is there…disconnecting the toshiba hdd ) , two different sata ssds, and my bluray burner drive. … Also there is the 4TB corsair nvme ssd that lives under the mobo heatshield deal.

Am I shooting too far for the stars here with my current setup?

Does/has anyone confirmed that Intel u.2 ssd of SSDPE2NV153T8 works ootb ready to rock in any Linux distro with kernel 6.5?

bump. Anyone?.

I have no experience with that specific drive, but I do have several U.2 NVME drives on my proxmox server that showed up with no intervention needed. One of them even using an adapter just like the one you linked. As long as you have enough PCIE lanes (and it sounds like you should) you’re golden.