Spoofin my mac address to devices that don't exsist

OK it would seem my ISP dose not like some of my equipment and will slow my connection to a crawl if I use it. I have tested this by spoofing my mac address with my cell phone one to find it becomes happy after this. oddly if I just change one value on the cell phone address and try to pull that I cannot get any connection. SOooo what are things I can type in to my mac addressifyer to make happy good yes?

or in other words I would like to make fake mac addresses I can type in that will make my isp go ohh ok your not using your own routers, we hate that for some reason so unfuck you we are good now bro. I guess I can go dig out some old mobile devices I dont use and just clone but thats work and I don’t like work.

Did they issue one, or are you at a student housing complex where personal wireless routers are banned?

If they issued you (shitty?) one, just get that routers WAN MAC address (usually on a sticker on the side) and clone that from your routers web config interface. Pretty much any COTS router worth its salt will do this; like any Netgear. Its not hard and takes maybe five seconds.

If routers are banned, and you should only be connecting directly to their network, via a network jack or their wifi, then we cannot help you because this is against the rules and could cause a problem for other residents (too much RF interference).

2 Likes

You clearly do not know the answer to the question I posed. It is a waist of time to post nah nah I’m know but I’m not gonna tell you. No one is impressed just say nothing.

His second paragraph sounds like exactly what you were asking for?

7 Likes

You already have your answer

From what I understand in this sentence you have tried to set your router with your phone Mac address which made your ISP feel good and put full speed internet? If that is correct just use your phone Mac address and don’t change any numbers on it.

Nah, its not like I was a network technician for two years doing exactly this and answering hundreds of phone calls like this.

Nah. Not at all.

2 Likes

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/netadapter-repair-all-in-one/

Will give you the option to spoof mac addresses if your hardware supports it. Not sure if you can justify spoofing for very much… I use it to get around throttling from time to time.