Speaker fill option not working Realtek Audio

I am in need of some tech advice. I am using the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX motherboard using the latest Realtek Audio drivers. I have a Logitech X540 analog surround sound system. When I was using windows 7 on my HP build I could tick the speaker fill option and get sound through all 5 speakers. Now with the ASUS Realtek audio manager, I can tick the speaker fill option and it does not work. All it does is makes my left and right speakers louder and no sound comes out the others. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Yes I used Google.

Control panel > Sound > Playback > Select the right device > Configure

Your surround option should be there.

It's already been configured. It still does not work correctly. This is very annoying cause I like for my music to come out of all speakers. I understand how it works, it take a 2 channel sound and mixes into a surround sound setting. But it just does not work.

I had the same problem. I couldn't figure out a software fix so I just made a hardware fix.

I ended up funneling all the channels into one and now all the speakers play in stereo. The big downside is I lost the option to do surround sound, but personally I never used it. So this was a quick and dirty fix for me.

Not sure if this helps you, kind of a fringe case seeing as how most people buy a surround sound setup to listen in surround sound.

Here is an update. As long as I keep messing with these check boxes I get the option to work. However once I go to another track on Windows Media Player the sound reverts back to it was. But the options still remain selected on the application. I think this is a registry error or there is something nefariously wrong with Realtek Audio....

Update. I am going to contact ASUS support. This is ridiculous.

ASUS had no idea how to fix this issue. I think I am going to do a fresh install of Windows 10 and not install the Realtek Audio manager. I never mess with any equalizer settings as my speakers are low end. I still think it has something to do with the registry but I do not know coding.

You have a Logitech x540. Just hit matrix on the speaker and grew don't with it. (Have a set, wee my daily driver until I upgraded to something with better fidelity

Mods, not a necro

After nearly a year, problem solved. Realtek does not have recent drivers on their website but ASUS did. Apparently this issue was fixed as the option now works. I ran CCleaner after uninstalling the drivers and installing the new one.

Always look on the motherboard download page for your motherboard manufacturer.

@admins feel free to lock the thread.

Locked at request of OP