Spare parts for Skoda Roomster

Hey…
Some time ago my dad bought a second hand Skoda Roomster, manufactured 2007. After some issues, it turned out there are some damaged cogs, oil pump issues (not fuel pump, oil pump), Google says the English term is Crankshaft or camshaft, all those things in the engine are damaged.
The easy solution is to buy am entirely new engine and use that. That will essentially make him spend about half the price that he payed for the car.
The other solution is to find spare cogs, oil pump and camshaft. And here comes the issue.
We can’t find those anywhere in the stupid country.
May I please ask forum members from EU to check for those things locally? I can guarantee the parts plus the shipping price will be times cheaper than buying an entirely new engine… And we can’t even find an engine to buy.
I’m willing to use PayPal, pay for the shipping and parts value, as long as we can repair that car…
If you need any information - ask, because I honestly have absolutely no idea what information to give you.

1 Like

Hey, I’ve ordered from these guys a bunch for my car.
https://www.autoersatzteile24.at/
I’m not sure if they send to Bulgaria or not, but put some random things in the basket and go to checkout so you can make sure.
They are reliable and their return policy is good if the parts don’t fit or are wrong. I’m not sure if you’re good with the German language but there should be a few flags to change countries at the bottom of the page.
Also, have you tried or do you know anyone in Romania? Romania is Europe’s car black hole. Or even Serbia.

2 Likes

get a b18 or k20 and swap it

/s

Looks like it came with a lot of engine choices, which one does it have?

1 Like

It’s a diesel engine, but other than that I’m not sure…
I can give you the engine aerial number if that will help

The engine aerial number is BMS104963
There is BMN series and that is not compatible at all…
Honestly I am a vehicle pleb. I have no idea…

1 Like

1.4L TDI PD

1 Like

Yup, I just asked my dad… 1,4 TDI 80hp…

Not entirely sure what he needs but I think one of these should be what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

I can’t deal with this website… It doesn’t acknowledge the existence of BMS engines… Only BNM and BNV… And we have plenty of those already…

The last one… The cogs are the main thing we can’t find…
But 140£ are way too much. He found a place that can find the cogs for 100€, and that’s way cheaper…

I mean, I didnt exactly look for the cheapest ones, just looked for what came up.

1 Like

The issue is, that BMS engine is some rare shit.
The garages are full with BNM and BNV engines, but they are different, so it’s finding the right engine first…
I don’t want to risk eBay to be fair. I don’t know, I have heard too many horror stories about it …

1 Like

Whatever you say pete

How the hell do you bend a camshaft?

put a rotary in it coward

1 Like

It’s not bent…
A cog broke a couple teeth and stopped transferring motion towards the oil pump, so the oil pump stopped pumping oil, so the engine was burning fuel dry for a bit…

1 Like

So your cylinders need a bore job and all those pistons need sleeves, the cooling system is probably damaged due to overstressing it, if it was run for very long, ugh.

What a mess lol.

I know…
The thing is, new engine is half the price of the car… And those repairs are not really all that problematic. The moment there was any sign something was wrong my dad got the car to the garage, so there isn’t much if any damage from long running with no lube…

1 Like

Theres going to be damage one way or another, unless you somehow were retardedly lucky.

1 Like

There is damage … that’s why I’m looking for the cog and eventually a crank shaft… The rest is repairable.