Some sites not loading on FF?

Lately, sometimes, FF wont load level1techs. com or Garagejournal. com. But I always get therangerstation. com. I’ve tried refreshing, killing the site and input the url again. I just get a black screen. The url shows in the searchbar. Most times the site comes back in a few hours. But its a pain in the butt. I’m writing this now on Brave. No problems. Anyone know if FF has a new policy to block certain websites if they are “insecure”? Also just tried amazon. ca ,the site loaded fine for a search, the search came back with the article, but as soon as i tried to dig into the site it went black again.
Im not knowledgeable about how the internet works, i just pretend to learn…
Thanks for any insight.

Im using a Samsung s10e, latest FF.

Its probably not you but most of the web are “optimized” for Chrome at this point. I find it a bit sad that we are nearly back where we started 28 years ago with just internet explorer.

1 Like

I throw against the wall and see what sticks…

about:config, search for apz.overscroll.enabled and toggle to false.

P.S
Have you tried clearing all FF data?

P.S2
When you are on the page and you have a black screen, check what the source looks like… if it is empty, something is blocking the download of data, if you can see the source of the page, the problem is with displaying locally.

1 Like

Are you suggesting that Wendell Wilson Consulting, LLC (L1T) who work as web devs on a daily basis do not pay attention to compatibility outside of chrome? :wink:

Well we are sort of a different kind of breed here. I feel like he would do his due diligence for that, of course.

But you know, in a one and done situation, or for really cheap institution just making their site work on chrome is sufficient.

Then there is also Google who owns the browser and pretty much the majority of ads in the internet, who seeks to completely dominate the web by inserting DRM in web and to chrome to completely close the loop. At least for websites that mattered.

1 Like