[solved] Set 2 LAN intefaces on Pfsense

Is their a way to configure two interfaces to be on the same network and subnet with Pfsense. So a computer connected to LAN1 is on the same subnet as a computer connected to LAN2.

Below is a diagram of what I’m trying to achieve.

many thanks

1 Like

You should be able to bridge those two ports. Switch would be the better solution. There are some tutorials online for how to do the bridging.

1 Like

ill give that ago, but is there a way to make it so that the two interfaces are on the same network, rather than joining two networks together?

This because a the laptop needs to be able to talk to the PC

You need to set up the LAN ports as a switch. This can be done by assigning each port and then setting up a rule for the relevant LAN port to allow “any”.

This video by Nick’s Hardware on YT show how it’s done.

1 Like

Thank you

It’s absolutely possible. I use a similar configuration for my home network. I have a virtual network of VMs, which interface via a vNIC (similar to your Room 1), and a physical NIC going to a switch for external connectivity (similar to your Room 2). Just as sanfordvdev said, bridging the vNIC and the physical NIC, and assigning the LAN interface to the created bridge allows both NICs (both “Rooms”) to be on the same subnet.

1 Like