[Solved] Screws for an Asus Strix GTX 1080 Gaming

Decided to unwatercool my card. Draining the loop every 6 months for the past 5 years has been a burden, and I didn’t want to deal with it with my new build. Went to put the aircooler back on and the bag of screws I had with it do not fit it (lord knows what they’re for) - They’re M2.5, and I believe they’re too big. I know this is a long shot, but if anybody is going to have an answer for this, it’ll be here.

Does anybody know what size screws I need for both mounting the cooler to the chip and the backplate to the card?

For the heatsink, I think you want 1/4" M2.5 and they should be at least 3/8" in length. Just be sure to get the flat head ones. Also, don’t forget your plastic washers.

http://www.hurripanelfasteners.com/tech/screw_size_chart.pdf

Found the screws. Lo and behold, cat was batting around a box that was rattling. She found the screws. FWIW, I compared them to the screws for the EK block, which I know for a fact are M2.5, and they looked smaller. Quick stress test shows good temps and no signs of instability. Crisis averted.

Nice!

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.