(SOLVED) Radeon WX7100 resolution issue

Hi,

I have a strange issue on my Windows 10 machine. I have 2 video cards, one is a GTX 1060 Dual and the other is a Radeon Pro WX7100. When I use my GTX 1060 everything is okay, every supported reolution is displayed etc. As soon as I use the Radeon card I only get Full HD, in no way I can change the resolution to 4K.
When I use the GTX 1060 card, even via my receiver or directly to my main display everything is running at 4K smootly.
But my Radeon does not.

What didi I do so far .

Use different cables, from DSP to HDMI ( Radeon has only DSP outputs).
Removed Radeon Drivers and installed them new.
My receiver and TV have only HDMI inputs and both support full 4k, erything is set to default and still Max Full HD on my Radeon card.
GTX 1060 and my Radeon card are in my PC, what I did not try yet is use the Radeon card alone and my GTX 1060 removed from my PC.
But in my humble opinion is that both cards can exist together in one PC and work seperatly from each other, or am I wrong?

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

What mainboard do you have?
Wich GPU is in the first PCIe slot?

Hi,

Thanks for the quick respons.

My main board is a MSI Z370 Gaming M5
The GTX 1060 is in the first PCIe slot.

Thanks again.

My guess would be pixel format and that AyyMD would be attempting to do 444 while the Nvidia does 422 :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m going to test these settings tomorrow morning and I will send an update.

Many thanks

Well Sir,

I take a deep bow for you, your tip did the job.
Now I have on both Video Cards 4k and everything is working fine.

Many Thanks again.

2 Likes

Hi There,

Can I ask one more question?

What is the difference between the 2 Radeon Driver Packages that are available for this card.

I mean, you have the Professional package or the Adrenaline version.

Both driver packages work perfectly with this card but I can’t find much difference between them.

Many thanks in advance.

P.S. Level 1 Techs is the best.

I Posted my main issue on the AMD support Forum also and to this day 0 response or anything else from AMD.

Posting it on Level 1 Tech Forum my issue was fixed with the correct answer.

Thanks again.

That professional one has better software performance but I have never had one myself, but would expect something like 15% render time :man_shrugging:t2:

OR it could be all deceit, who knows, nobody has any numbers

1 Like

Try both and find out?

1 Like