[SOLVED] No signal on monitor, card looks fine

I finally receive my 6900XT yesterday and was able to get my Windows VM up and running.
However I am experiencing an issue with the monitor output.

So, I installed the latest drivers and updates (Windows 10 Ent LTSC) and all went smooth.
VGA is working normally under device manages, monitor also displays image while booting, but as soon as I have desktop, it falls to a loop where it gets no signal, shuts itself down, then opens again, no signal, and so on…

Under Linux, everything works perfect, so cable, VGA, DP (tried both) are fine.

Tried removing drivers with DDU, reinstall, re-download, but still can’t get it to work.

Under device manager, card looks ok, but there is no second monitor (like it was before with my 1080ti).

At some point I noticed that my Windows were de-activated (probably after changing CPU/GPU), and I had to re-activate them. I am saying that cause there are certain functions not available when not activated, like change theme, desktop settings, etc.

Please advise.

If you still have the 1080ti, replace it in your system and try again. If it works, there’s an issue with the driver registration. Your best bet might be to create a new VM on the 6900XT so the hypervisor recognises the correct GPU.

Unfortunately I do not have the 1080, sold it since September, hence the 6 months without a card…

Under device manager everything looks OK. I also did a cleanup with DDU, that should delete all remains…

My bad… Somehow I removed the <vendor_id/> line from section…
Added it back and worked!

1 Like