[Solved] Mouse Issue on 'The Swapper'

Good day everyone.

I recently installed The Swapper on GoG. When I run it the mouse is stuck in the corner. It stutters when I move the mouse but remains around the same area (shifts a bit). The GoG forums are useless but the Steam forums seem to have found a solution, I just don’t know how to implement it through GoG. Something Beta to do with ‘compatability’.

Here is a link to the steam page:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/231160/discussions/0/1499000547469397397/

I did try the compatibility options by right clicking on the .exe file, nada.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: So the solution was to deactivate auto-update and download the base version without the patch (I downloaded the installation file and ran it outside of GoG). I thought I already did that but I forgot to deactivate auto-update.

Sounds like an alternate/beta version that can be selected in the steam games setting.

As far as I know there is no equivalent feature in GOG or Galaxy.

Try the GOG support, they react pretty fast and are always working to keep their games compatible (they specifically hire for that).

1 Like

Thank you for responding @mihawk90. I just edited my post with the solution.

Mh interesting. Might still report it to them to let them know and fix :smile:

1 Like

@hungry I edited your post title to make more sense, as well added tags. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Done. I had written a message earlier but it got deleted or something and I was too lazy to rewrite it lol.

@Dynamic_Gravity :+1: Thanks!

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile: I have the same problem as you, and being quite the ignoramus as my nick suggests, I don’t know how to solve the problem yet. When looking for the base version of the game, should I type “The Swapper 1.0” or something else? And how do I turn off the automatic update? I’m on Windows 10, if it matters.
Sorry for asking such basic questions.

I’m not so tech savvy myself! I think you can turn off automatic updates from the settings by clicking the GOG icon in the upper left of the screen.

I don’t think that worked for me but disable anyways because it might update after you follow the following steps. What I did was download the file and installing it outside the GOG client.

1. Go to Library–>Swapper

2)More–>Backups and goodies–>Click the 721 MB file

1. Close GOG (maybe completely) and run the file you downloaded

I hope this helps.