[SOLVED] Mouse buttons 4 and 5 not working

I am wondering if it is possible to use mouse buttons 4 and 5 with looking glass without having to use evdev or usb passthrough as that removes the point of using looking glass.

LG fully supports mouse 4 & 5, unfortunately, you have to upgrade libspice-server1 to the latest version from upstream/git. There has not been an official release since they added 4 & 5 support last I checked.

1 Like

Yeah I just got it to work. Guessing they will push it to arch eventually. Sorry for making the github post btw im that same person but this account is old and I rarely use it… spice · GitLab for anyone wanting this themselves here is the link to the repo. You must execute autogen.sh before using ./configure in the instructions because other wise it wouldn’t be there.

No worries :wink: Glad you got it working.

Bit of an old thread, but I just installed libspice-server1 0.15.0, and it doesn’t seem to have done anything for me as far as getting buttons 4 and 5 working. I’m running Ubuntu and LG B3, curious to know if you had to do anything else after you compiled and installed the newer spice.

Bit of an old thread, but I just installed libspice-server1 0.15.0,

latest version from upstream/git. There has not been an official release since they added 4 & 5 support last I checked.

Sorry, I’m not really sure what I’m missing. 0.15.0 is the latest git release, and extra mouse button support was added in 0.14.90. The latest release in the repo (I’m using ubuntu) is 0.14.3, so I’d expect that installing 0.15.0 from gitlab would provide support for those buttons.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by upstream/git, or how specifically you got it to work?

Just a bump since it’s been a while and my previous question still stands. If someone could elaborate a little bit on what is meant by upstream/git, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Another bump because I still can’t figure out how to get this working. As far as I can tell, 0.15.0 is the latest git release, but compiling and installing it did not get the extra mouse buttons working for me.

Did you add the virtio-mouse device and install it’s drivers? The PS/2 default device does not support > 3 buttons.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s what I was missing. I’m not working on another unrelated issue about evdev permissions, but that’s not for this thread.