[SOLVED] Java's First GUI Control Panel

I am just wondering when Java came out with it’s own Control Panel.

The most I see in J2SE 1.3, is a file called “plugincpl131_20.cpl”, but I don’t know what to do with it.

I see a “plugin” Control Panel in J2SE1.4, a regular Control Panel in J2SE 5.0 (32-bit), and a regular Control Panel in Java/JDK 6 (64-bit), etc…

Nevermind, I got it.

Really weird.

I right clicked the file, and selected “Open with Control Panel”, and it showed the GUI

Edit- Looks like you can run the file just by going to the directory in Command Prompt, entering the file name, and hitting Enter.

1 Like

Looks like J2SE 1.3 didn’t have one on/in Linux… which is strange…

Because/but it’s there for Mac OS X, and Windows.

There is one there though for J2SE 1.4.

Edit- nevermind, found it, not really sure how I missed it, it was easy to find/see