Solved Introduction and Need Datto S4P2143 Bios Password

Hi this is my first post on Level1techforums. If I make mistakes please bear with me. Been an admirer of the Youtube channel. I recently bought a used Datto S4P2143 motherboard and together with a mezzanine 10GB card it works really well as a homelab server. The only problem is I cannot get into the bios. It pops up with a prompt for an administrator password. I tried removing CMOS battery for various lengths of time, as well as resetting the bios. I searched online and the closest I came to a solution was a post on level1techforums where I guy with the same motherboard said he was helped here with a master password. Only he did not say what it was. I was hoping someone here had an idea of what it is. It appears to be an APTIO AMI bios. The board is nearly identical to an ASROCK RACK D2143D8UM. I’ve seen someone say that you can flash that bios to the datto board, but I’m afraid to try that and also I cannot find a download for that bios.

Hoping someone can help. Would really appreciate it.

Thank you

I have flashed the bios on a Datto 1U S3P10000 Xeon D-1541, just used the bio from asrock rack.

Did the same thing with the HBA onboard into IT mode

Looks to be this mobo

I see yeah no linked bios :frowning:

Wayback has the page from 2022 and no file linked, so maybe email asrock and ask for a bios.

Some bios files linked here

1 Like

Much Appreciated. I’ll jump on that quickly. About the onboard HBA; did you do that from within the bios?

Honestly I cant remember, i feel like that was the location. If you cant figure it out ill try and search around for it.

Thanks again. Toward the end of that post there was a dropbox location where I found 4 files. I will use the instant flash utility

1 Like

I think the i didnt get the BMC working first shot but i didnt need it so i didnt waste time (have smart pdu and ipkvm)

1 Like

Guess what. I hit F6 instant flash and up pops the password prompt. Anything I press, like bot menu or enter setup or instant flash, it pops up. Guess I’ll have to either forget it or just keep looking.

Might be a password jumper on the board (Usually pull jumper or move jumper, then boot set password, then put back on)

1 Like

I wish.

I will check over the motherboard again for aything like that. I checked it pretty thoroughly last time. There’s just a short out pad

Post a picture, could also reach out to Datto for support.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Basically the same as the ASROCK board, except for usb headers

Yeah manual doesnt have any password headers

“R@ster”, “Northern”, and “NorthernLight$”“R@str”
(Random reddit post)

Worst case if you really wanted to you could flash the bios chip outside of the mobo but thats outside of my scope

2 Likes

I have reused a number of datto devices and can confirm that R@str works for me as the BIOS password.

I have a datto motherboard on my workbench now but cannot remember the model.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I tried that one yet. I’ll report back

I can’t contain my happiness so here is an update. First of all I tried R@str 8 times with no success, then I thought I 'd try something. Keyboard layouts - sometimes the @ key is the " key. I have a UK layout.

2 Likes

And

Thank you guys

2 Likes