[Solved] Help me create a specific ublock filter

Because i cannot into ABP language, i swear i tried;

techpowerup.com, we want the sidebar gone, all of it. Cluttery.
He added ads there too, so naturally he expected this, so now we have this:

###page > .side-aslkdhsajkd-bar

The " aslkdhsajkd " part is random am assuming, so old farts like me hit a wall.
And a wall i’ve hit, admitting defeat :slight_smile:

Help me please.
(to the mods, if you inform me, for a third time, that i need insert code inside this or that; when you add the option in the bar, i will; until then … sorry. Last time Ryan even told me how and i still couldn’t get it to work, lol)

Got an answer elsewhere, thought i’d paste it here in case anyone stumbles into this.

techpowerup.com##^aside

Don’t get the “a” part in “aside”, but it works.
Anyway, thank you all for reading.

• This forum is way too trendy for me, am trying to add the filter without the website doing things with it… you gotta love it when technology makes it harder for you; needs be mentioned, lol
1 Like

How ublock handles filters is a complete mystery to me as well, thanks for updating the post with your solution.

This forum uses markdown as styling language, which has become noticeably dominant on a lot of sites. I was initially put off by it seemingly suddenly appearing everywhere, but I’ve grown to greatly prefer it.

There are a few ways of doing things:

Standard quote blocks using >

> techpowerup.com##^aside

=

techpowerup.com##^aside

Small code blocks using backticks `

`techpowerup.com##^aside`

=
techpowerup.com##^aside

Long multi-line code blocks using triple backticks ```, or 4 spaces before each line. The spaces method requires an empty line between the code block and any previous line to work.

```
techpowerup.com##^aside
```

=

techpowerup.com##^aside
1 Like

@Log really appreciate the lesson, much obliged :slight_smile:

I feel like a second class citizen everytime i need to post something, lol, not good!

Edit: Yeap, works alright; sorted the post above.