[solved] Guess I can't recommend Ryzen for gaming indefinitely anymore (Was the PSU's fault)

it was the PSU. EVGA sold me a used one as new B stock, through their own website, then wanted me to cover return shipping.

1 Like

Idiots…

sick

I would make sure you run memtest when you get your new psu. Ram loves to get messed up by voltage issues and not show it right away.

1 Like

6 passes, 0 errors reported
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1505746052958059
^picture

Originally I thought the only problem was the mouse; that one is long gone. Then the 2nd mouse started having the same problem; I bashed it off my desk in irritation towards the problem hard enough that it’s worthless now. 3rd mouse I still have and is still acting shitting after PSU swap.
Glad I didn’t get the G502 before swapping PSUs.

To be fair gigabyte are huge. I’d say they likely ship more boards than most of the others.

ASUS still beats them all… I think…

Yeah, ASUS generally tend to (correct me if i’m wrong) play in the higher end of the market though.

Gigabyte go quite far down the stack.

That said, i’ve got three gigabyte boards in the house here and an Asrock.

The gigabyte UEFI is way better. The Haswell gigabyte board (H87-D3H) has been flawless. The new box (super budget build to use some spare RAM) has a pretty nice looking BIOS too (Gigabyte B550M S2H), but i went and bought the wrong CPU for it, didn’t i (3300x on the way tho - irony is it will likely game better than my 2700x if i transfer my gpu to it) :smiley:

I will be honest, I have no idea how far are we from the original topic…
To be fair I had 4 Asrock boards in the last decade, and other than this curent one capacitor’s issues, they have been perfectly fine… OC like crap, but honestly I never cared for OC…

2 Likes

The only potential solution i could find to fix the problem,
is disabling global C-states in the bios.
It looks like there is some kind of a power management issue,
with the usb ports.

Additionally set " power supply idle control " to typical.

It doesn’t seem to work out for everyone.
But it might be worth trying.

I still don’t really get why this isn’t “properly” fixed yet.
I mean three generations of Ryzen cpu´s and motherboards,
people would expect it being matured by now.
But that certainly isn´t the case.

Maybe I wasn’t super clear that the issue is fixed. The EVGA PSU damaged the mouse. I was thinking power management issues at one point too.

1 Like

Ah okay cool no worries. :slight_smile:
I thought that the issue re-appeared according to your last post.
But i probablly interpret the post wrongly.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.