[SOLVED] Games being forced to secondary monitor

I’ve since switched to Ubuntu and the issue persists, I’m guessing its a window manager issue.

I’d keep it in, its a temporary fix. But yeah I’ve done an exhaustive search online and there doesn’t seem to be a permanent fix yet.

1 Like

I’ve had this issue on occasion with certain games. But none in recent memory. Usually I just use Ctrl super left and right to fix this. Your binding may be different though

1 Like

Its more a quality of life thing, I don’t want to have to do this for every game I launch.

1 Like

honestly the steam big picture mode is a work around and works well its seamless. once the settings are set up to launch games in big picture mode, the in steam settings handle the rest. its still not a good solution as it takes more resources from my testing than just normal steam about 2-5% worse that may make or break some situations. plus this is heavily reliant on big picture mode staying around… with the steam links gone and steam machines dying out i dunno is big picture has a long life ahead of it.

1 Like

I had this issue as well, but was able to solve it by setting my main monitor as the primary output in my motherboard’s UEFI menu. Once the right displayport was marked as the main one all games would launch on that display.

2 Likes

the UEFI menu option is something I hadn’t even considered. I will take a look at my machine and see if that option is available.

Unfortunately I couldn’t find an option for this in my bios (Asus x470-f gaming).