[Solved]Computer still boots into W10 even with lubuntu as the first boot drive

That may be a fucked up Linux install.

1 Like

i have installed linux on a second system sharing the same drive and have serveral Vbox installs of linux of various editions. but yea… seems the 2 drives don’t want to share the same motherboard. i’m not sure how to get back to windows with this lubuntu drive in a “live” condition so i can format from windows and try to start over. what would be a good course of action now?

If it is booting i to Linux, you could try to update grub.

In terminal enter sudo update-grub

Make sure all of your OS drives are enabled. This will search for the Windows install and add it to the grub bootloader.

If it is just booting into windows, check to make sure boot order is set correctly in bios. You want your primary boot drive to be your Linux drive.

1 Like

i will give the terminal a try. 1 moment please.

done. windows has been found.

Generating grub configuration file …
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-36-generic
Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-4.15.0-36-generic
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-20-generic
Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-4.15.0-20-generic
Found memtest86+ image: /boot/memtest86+.elf
Found memtest86+ image: /boot/memtest86+.bin
Found Windows 10 on /dev/sda1
done

would it be safe to try to reboot now?

2 Likes

Yep, make sure primary boot device is your Linux disk. See what happens.

ok so linux is on priority boot. now gives the option for ubuntu and windows 10. fast boot in the bios has been disabled and the 3TB drive is also re-enabled. i have booted in both windows 10 and lubuntu through the “restart” option fully working. so it looks like i’m golden now. thank you guys very much! and thank good guy wendell for creating a place to get some real linux help!

1 Like

Excellent, glad it is working for you!

Awesome! If your problem is well and done, should I mark it as solved and close the thread for you?

1 Like

@Novasty

yes i believe this has been solved. thank you!

2 Likes

Feel free to reach out to me if this should be reopened.