[Solved] Boot error on lubuntu

I recently installed lubuntu on my old laptop. Everything has been working for a few days but his morning when I rebooted I got this screen and I have no idea how to fix it.

PS I'm posting this from my phone so I'm sorry if the formatting shows up strangely

It says that your root filesystem partition (/dev/sda2) is corrupt. You can run a check on it with fsck /dev/sda2. If that doesn't give any clues, plug in the drive in another computer and check if you can read it. Remember that Windows cannot by default read ext4 or btrfs or any of the other commonly used filesystems on Linux.

Chances are, unfortunately, that you will have to do a full reinstall.

Great that you got your other Linux installation working though because you are likely to need it now! :)

1 Like

Good points. I would also recommend checking disk health as well to rule out a hardware issue.

Yeah perfect timing on that. But if I have to reinstall on my laptop it is no big deal. There is really nothing on the hard drive that is important. I'll give this a try and see how it goes.

This worked for me. Thank you.

You just ran the check and it worked after that? Well, nice I did not expect that!

Yeah I ran that command, kept pressing y, reboot, then it was fine