Soft Reset of a Minecraft Bedrock Server

Here’s a fun idea…
I have a Minecraft Bedrock server running in a Ubuntu VM that myself, my brother, and all out daughters have been playing on for years. Recently everyone has said that they want to start playing again, but they want a new world. I look at our old world with fondness, as we all have so many hours into it.

Here is my question. Is there a way to do a soft reset. Move the spawn point many, many chunks away and clear everyone’s inventories. New to us…but with a giant easter egg to be found in the future. It looks like something that is simple to do with the Java edition, but more of a challenge with Bedrock. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like

Thats gonna hit a hard nostalgia when it is discovered.

So, it looks like you can just run a server command to set the spawn point and override the default, and you can go into the world folder and delete playerdata. And that looks like it carries across Java and Bedrock.

I did briefly run Bedrock, but almost immediately changed to Java with Spigot and Floodgate because I had mixed platforms, and my kids wanted to play across console and mobile and PC, so it’s been a minute, but from my memory everything I did was server-side the same.

Honestly, I’d expect they’ll find it pretty quickly, I would personally just archive the whole world folders and re-seed, and at some point later on you can do the “whoops it’s back” for the nostalgia trip.

I was playing around, and I was able to reset our world spawn at 10000, x, 10000…but it looks like you can’t relocate to 0, x, 0 so it will make re-finding it easier. Although in survival it probably wont be too easy :joy:

As far as player data, my bedrock server doesn’t seem to use UUIDs or a dedicated file. I stuck with Bedrock because of cross platform. It works well with mobile, X-box, Switch, and PCs. Albeit I did have to set up a raspberry Pi to rebroadcast my server IP to mimic it being on their home network.