Socket 7 & Pentium P5 MMX

So I was recently asked to remove some hard drives from some older systems for throwing out. I ended up coming across this in my quest for cleaning!

I believe this bad-boy could clock to a blistering 83MHz! Outrageous dude (90s voice)

EDIT:

G N A R L Y (90s voice)

3 Likes

lol nice, I pulled a similar CPU from an old HP a while back ... fun to look at if nothing else :P

Yeah finding old hardware is the best. Especially stuff that is analog like a CRT or something similar haha

1 Like

I got two of those. One is in my Frankenstein project and the other in my PC-parts-I-rarely-need-box.

I think I was running Cyrix back then before I got hold of an AMD K6

Nice find. I want to piece together an i386 with math coprocessor one day.

Those make good keychains.

I have a collection of 486 parts myself. I always found that era the most interesting as it had more companies making or rebranding chips then pretty much anytime else. I've posted this pic here before but I have more types. At some point I want to make a display box for them.

That Green CPU is kinda rare in the US as they were not imported here officially.

3 Likes

That's actually a 200MHz chip. 66MHz FSB (66x3) and should with a proper board take an x5 multi jump and run 330MHz at 2.9v.

(For P55c Pentiums the frequency is the last three digits of the model number. In this case BP80503 200 )

1 Like

Ah awesome! I didn't realise haha. As you can tell, I'm not too familiar with old hardware. I think I found that frequency from a quick wiki search haha.

For future reference (if you care) you can find the specs of any Intel CPU from the last 20+ years by simply searching the S-Spec code, that 5-digit code printed next to the voltage.