So. Umm. Here is the deal (buying new computer)

So. Umm. Here is the deal. I have been in dire need of a new computer for some months now. I have multiple times planned on buying all the parts and putting one together myself. However time has not allowed me such luxury. I do alot of my business on the computer. As well as photo / video editing occasionally. And some medium level gaming. I would love to put one together myself but it's somewhat out of the question for now; and I need a new computer asap for business

.;

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-fx-series-16gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive/5832053.p? id=1219165147101&skuId=5832053&st=pcmcat143400050013_categoryid$abcat0501000&cp=1&lp=36

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-xps-desktop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive/7571006.p?id=1219279726037&skuId=7571006&productCategoryId=pcmcat212600050008

Those are the two computers i've been kind of eyeballing. Let me know if some things are sub-par, or if I just should be focusing on different attributes for my needs. Also feel free to tear me to shreds for my ignorance and tell me how much money i'd save if i did it all myself.

;) 

<3 <3 <3 

Sorry it is all a run-on. I'm having trouble getting my HTML tags to work.  

If you can't build it yourself, go with the Dell XPS with the i7 4790. That will help more with your photo/video editing. You may want to up the RAM though to 16 or 32GB depending on how much you actually use it for editing, and you'll definitely want to up the video card eventually. You won't be doing any 4k rendering with that GT 720, and until you upgrade 1080p rendering will take longer as well. Whatever you choose to upgrade to, make sure you check the editing software compatibility so you get the most compatible graphics card for your intended use.  

The editing I do is somewhat minimal currently. If it'll do okay on photos and videos that are less than 10 minutes in length I'll be happy with it. 
How do you think it will hold up on gaming and multi-tasking?  

the Gt 720 is very under powered

It actually takes less time to assemble a PC than to go to Bestbuy and purchase a pre-built piece of crap that will need upgrades eventually anyway.

just my opinion though

Yeah.

Both those options are poop , underpowered gpu's .

You will get no gaming out of any of those two + you are getting ripped off.

I kind of expected that answer. Anybody have any alternatives that I could order all pre-built and put together for me? Or will I just have to buckle down and try to build one myself?

I have a feeling it would be an all day project for me to assemble though. Mostly because I haven't put one together myself in about 4 or 5 years. Might have to do some looking up. Plus i'd need a copy of windows. Ugh. 7 preferably. I really dislike 8.  

If you hate Windows 8 get Startisback It makes all the "Bad Stuff" in Win 8 go away if you want it to. best $3 you will ever spend

http://startisback.com/

good link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1715642

BitFenix Neos: AMD FX-6350 3.9GHz Six Core, Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P, Corsair 8GB RAM, XFX HD 7870 2GB, Western Digital 1TB HDD, Samsung 24X DVD Burner, Rosewill 630W Bronze PSU, BitFenix Neos Black/Silver Case

You should go with a fx 8320 or 8350 imo

Both are strong on the CPU, but weak on the GPU.  GTX 720 is pretty pathetic.  R7 250 might do some minimal gaming.  If you're going to be doing a lot of rendering(not live rendering), go with the i7.  If you want to have gaming as a higher priority, the CyberPower AMD build would be better.

You also might want to consider NCIX's $50 pc building service(it'll take a bit longer than buying a desktop from best buy, though)

A PC building service sounds like a good possible alternative. There are so many options now. I can probably get away with spending a little more money. I guess it comes down to if i'm going to save 100$ or so I might go ahead and just shell out the extra hundred to get the computer all built and ready to just plug in and go. If it would be much more then that I guess it's time to buckle down and put one together from scratch. 

If thats the way you want to go but want to choose what goes into your system, cyberpowerpc is a great choice. Its about the closest you can get with a prebuilt pc to one made from scratch price wise. I made my current pc on their website and it ended up being only 50 more than the same from scratch due to all the sales that they do. Whatever you do, DO NOT GET ALIENWARE. Its overpriced for a piece of shit.

Well I think you should build your own if you want for any gaming or heavy rendering at all. You don't have to go super high end on certain parts. For gaming most important is the GPU.

You could start here if you want to build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZC2Hqs

Add an aftermarket cooler later to overclock or add a second GPU , the larger than needed PSU I included will give you the head room needed for upgrades and you can always add more ram.

I put in Windows 7 as I hate Windows 8 (I prefer Pro due to RAM limits but Windows 7 should be fine in your budget, windows 8.1 will also work, I just do not like it.)

Some people I have noticed did not include an OS in the parts log , this is about $90 of the cost.

But at around 900 this will be less than most Best Buy Machines as unless you live in Tennessee or California companies like newegg were I get my stuff do not tax.

If you have a Microcenters or Fry's near by  you may see if they have any in house build specials , if you cannot build yourself.

Thanks TIVman. That site is definitely beating the other prices that I've seen so far. Geebus windows is expensive though. I'm contemplating some side-stepping on that one though. Would save me 100$ or so. :) 

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790 3.60 GHz 8MB LGA1150
  • HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaws X)
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z97 Pro4 ATX w/ Intel GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 2 PCI, 1 x M.2, 6x SATA 6Gb/s (All Venom OC Certified)
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • VIDEO: AMD Radeon R9 270 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Single Card)

So how does that look guys?? 

How is that looking? 

That should hold up nicely, my brother has a 3770 and a 270x and he can max out most things on ultra and can render things decently, so you should be fine. Also check if the 270x is a free upgrade bcause they often have things like that.

maybe you will enjoy something like this

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Obstinated/saved/BwWzK8

Go to a local PC shop (NOT a big box store), and see what they have custom made already, tell them what you want it for, and they will hook you up.  I would suggest Intel over AMD, and something more powerful than a GTX720, with at least 12gb RAM if your doing video rendering, 16gb recommended.  A local shop will know what you need if you tell them what you plan on doing with it.