So Logan keeps talking about Folk & Epic metal.. Help a guy find some good stuff

So I finally looked into folk and epic metal (which I guess the internet calls "power" metal)

There's a lot out there so what's the good places to start.

From the bit I've looked into, I like the Northern European stuff (duh) like Nordic,Celtic, Finnish. Also Japanese folk metal is interesting.

I like melodies, and I like singing. I don't mind screaming, so long as it's just an accompaniment to singing.

I also use Apple Music as my "main" source of music, SO if it can be found there, that's best; simply because it's easy and I already pay for that.

Cheers guys. Let me know where to look because I'm very new to this.

EDIT: I know that there are other threads like this, but I wanted potential posters to have an Idea of what I may like.
I will be doing my own research and looking at some of the things Logan has posted in other places. This is just a supplement for me because I hate non-human-curated music. Stuff like Pandora frustrates me because my tastes are adverse to the idea of a computer sorting through seeds and tags to find the "perfect" song for me to listen to next. I want a human with taste and ears to do that!

Svartsot, ensiferum, týr, finntroll, brymir, turisas to name a few maybe to get started

Not exactly what you were searching for, since this is more a split record between black metal and folk:

edit: I am posting this because in my opinion this really qualifies as "good stuff" and is somewhat related. :)

I appreciate the replies guys! and like I said, I want humans telling me what to listen to, so I dont mind something that might be a bit different

Power metal you say?? s(^_^)-b

A small list of some of the bands I enjoy:

• Angra (Probably my second favorite band after Iron Maiden)
  • Stratovarius (I like the stuff from their Episode album up to before the Nemesis album)
  • Rhapsody of Fire (anything before Dark Wings of Steel is great)
  • Sonata Arctica
  • Blind Guardian
  • Winterstorm
  • Dark Forest
  • Alestorm (pirate, folk, power metal band that's pretty fun)
  • Nightwish
  • Dark Moor
  • Luca Turilli's Rhapsody (though this stuff is extremely classically based... I wouldn't give it a try unless you like classical music as well)

Hopefully this gives you a good jumping off point as you dive into the wonders of Power Metal. ╰(◕ᗜ◕)╯

Eluveitie (check out Inis Mona)
Sabaton (check out Twilight Of The Thunder God and Carolus Rex )
Windir ( check out Journey to the End and Todeswalzer)
Blood Red Throne ( check out Primitive Killing Machine ) Local band where i live

Those i would certainly consider "epic" metal with various kinds of degree's in terms of metal, Death \ Power\heavy etc.
Windir is pretty Folk \ viking metal aswell as Eluveitie.

So many artists out there, i normally find them through /mu/ /wsg/ or look up on Youtube and Bandcamp, if i like it i purchase it there aswell.

Aswell as regularly check out the Metal thread for people's recommendations.

If you decide to jump on Bandcamp in the future, get the volume plugin for the site.

In general, power metal is very different from folk metal. Traditionally, power metal is characterized by a theatrical feel, clean/classical vocals, fantastical lyrical themes and melodies/themes that are drawn from classical music. Folk metal is usually synomomous with rhythms and melodies based on traditional celtic/norse music and has a much different sound (usually). You'll usually find 'folk' metal lumped in with viking/pirate/celtic/pagan subgenres and power metal lumped in with speed/gothic/symphonic/progressive subgenres

IMO, the one band that entirely capture the Folk vibe, is Finntroll. Absolutely fantastic if you're into traditional folk stuff, and fantasy-ish atmosphere.
Here are a few of my favorites:

Enjoy !