Small Fanless Laptop with USB-C/Thunderbolt?

I’ve been looking for a good fanless laptop for a while, to fill the netbook-shaped hole in my fleet. Doesn’t have to have exceptional performance, since it’s a desktop companion, but I’d like to be able to charge it with USB-C and dock it at my USB-C hub at my desk. It must be capable of running Linux so the little 12" Macbooks are out.

The Asus L210 seems like it almost fits the bill, but no charging or display over USB-C. It’s a great size too - I prefer to have a smaller machine while mobile. We have a Lemur Pro from system76, but it does have a fan that comes on from time to time. I’d like to have a completely fanless design with ideally a lower wattage chip.

Anyone own or aware of a machine like this?

I like razers stealth laptop line i got a older 2016/2017 7200u its nice but no upgrades on much

I forget if they are fanless but i think they are

Could do a new mb air and use ubuntu

They can install linux (while limited) its installable

Might be cheating a little bit, but maybe a Surface Go 2? Apparently with Linux it works really well, including with the smart cover.

1 Like

That Surface Go 2 looks like a decent option. More in the market for something with a “traditional” laptop form factor, but I’ll keep it in mind.