Sliger Wallmount Cabinets

Has anyone ever used a Sliger wallmount cabinet, or similar, for a home server/NAS build?

Just wondering if it might lead to a neater install than a rack, at least in scenarios where you need only one server and a few ethernet connections.

2 Likes

I mean you could just put a pc in a closet, but would be cool IOT wall mount box

2 Likes

In my experience wall mounted PCs end up just being more of a chore when it comes to hiding wires vs. something designed specifically to manage cables.

And remember you want an UPS either way if you’re doing something like an Unraid build for your home server/NAS (and just most likely in any scenario). I could be wrong but strongly suspect you’ll end up just wishing you’d bought a really small rack or went the pc in a vented closet.

1 Like

Yeah TBH a small rack is probably a better more realistic choice. Would probably be a lot cheaper as well.

The WM-6477 in particular does look nice though, being able to mount a 1U behind the system tray is an interesting feature.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 273 days. New replies are no longer allowed.