Slicecharge Pro Qi Charger Review + Modification for Android WearOS Smartwatches

SliceCharge%20Pro

Edit: I forgot to take photos of opening this up so you have to bear with me just explaining what’s behind it. I can assure you this pad can opened up and used to Jerry rig a WearOS Charger into it. all you need is a screwdriver and Play-Doh or any clay of some sort.

This is the Slicecharge Pro, After Apple failed to drop AirPower, their Qi Wireless Charger for their iOS Devices. Many companies, Kickstarters were made to make some sort of competitor. this was one of them. the SliceCharge Pro made by HardCider Labs in Canada. This is a 3-in-1 Charging Mat for Qi Devices + Apple Watch. it’s a 30w Qi Charger. you can charge 2 devices up to 15w and then the Apple Watch charger that is built in runs separately. All of it runs on USB-C even the Wall Adapter. It comes with a stand made of plastic that in all honesty is a piece of shit. if you move the pad it will fall off.

Things that come in the box

• Slicecharge Pro - Qi Charging Mat
  • USB-C Cord roughly 4 feet / 48 inches in length
  • plastic stand you can put on the mat so you can wirelessly charge earbuds.
  • a Cheap flimsy plastic stand

Now I’m going to get into hit you right in the head now. This Charger is Beyond Overpriced. this is not worth $120 if you are an devout Apple user. look elsewhere. or if you have money to burn get this, it’s wonderful. if you have an older Apple Watch.

HOWEVER

For someone like me, and this modification should work for all Qi Pads that has an Apple Certified Watch Charger built into it. (IF THEY CAN BE OPENED UP EASILY) I modified it to work with my Fossil Gen 5 Smartwatch.

This particular Pad has screws in the back so that if the Apple Watch charger breaks you can swap it out for a new one. opening up this pad there is ironically a USB port that the Apple Watch is plugged in to. I just took it out and replaced it with my Fossil Gen 5 Watch charger and screwed everything back. now comes the problem.

the Fossil 5 Charger is smaller than the Apple Watch charger. so you get this effect on it. this was me trying to figure out how to hold it in place using Tape. but it barely worked. but as you can see it remains somewhat loose.

Now comes some cheap $2 Playdoh. Play-Doh hardens after a while and dries up. so it made an excellent mold for this “Ring” on the charger. and now it looks like so.

This is the Final Result.

Conclusion

• is this worth $120 on Amazon

Absolutely not, look elsewhere. if you want to modify it like I did go for it cause this is easy to open up. Also be mindful most “AirPower” Rip offs or Alternatives should have a Apple Watch charger built into it, so get a cheaper one open it up take out the Apple Watch charger put your own smartwatch charger and then hold it in place with Play-Doh like I did since it will eventually dry up and keep it in place.

• Why is the Port on top of the stand.

Poor design, if you can get a USB-C Angle Adapter you can turn it the other way around. or you can choose not to use the stand. but I have no table space so that’s why I use it.

Overall I wouldn’t recommend this particular charger. but I made this thread to hopefully give someone an Idea on how to modify these “AirPower” rip off chargers to suit the stuff they own especially since it’s annoyingly hard to find an “Android” Airpower device.

2 Likes

Shameless Self Bump to MFGA.

edit: other Wireless stands if you own a smartwatch, qi charging earbuds and a phone that supports wirelelss charging that may be able to be modified.

1 Like

Sweet review my dude!

Can we expect a B&O review soon?

I may do one. when I’m done with exams this week. I will say, if you can get them under $250 they are somewhat worth it, but still pushing it. only because now that the Pixelbuds 2 exist, I expect it to blow these earbuds out of the water in terms of the feature set.

1 Like

I actually got a steal on the Sennheiser MTW’s at bestbuy. Open box $189.

Grabbed a new set of ear thingeys and they’ll be here tomorrow. I’ll let you know how they are.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.