Skylake and Fedora

I am having one heck of a time getting my new Skylake build working properly with Fedora 22/23.

I got the Asus Z170-A, an i7 6700K, 16GB DDR4 2666, and a 250GB 850 EVO. I will be using two Dell U2414h monitors with the system. Eventually I will get a nice graphics card to pass through to a Windows VM, so I will be using the IGP for the desktop.

The main problem I think I am having now is with the integrated graphics. I am actually not sure if everything else is working properly, and am not too sure how to check. But I'd like to get the graphics sorted out first.

Both Fedora 22 and 23 beta installed fine. With 22 I had to install a network driver to get it to connect to the internet. After that it updated to the most recent kernel and worked OK.

I have used the kernel parameter i915.preliminary_hw_support=1 with both the most recent stable kernel, as well as the 4.3 rc6 kernel, and it seems to only make things worse in both cases. If I just boot without the parameter I get a very stable and quick system, but both screens display the same thing at 1024x768. If I use the parameter I get errors after the boot screen, but get a log in screen. When I log in I get a glitchy Plasma splash screen, then a black screen with a cursor.

I have been messing around with this for a few days now, and haven't really made any progress. Anyone have some suggestions on what I should do? I can boot the computer and get some of the errors if that'll help.