Skills

In an attempt to organize people on this forum I have created this thread. This thread has a strict convention for listing different users and the skills they have so that for example you want to find sombody that knows Node.js you could come on here and search people with that skill listed. The same for people looking for others to do projects. Here is an example of the convention down below. Do not post anything on this thread unless you are posting your skills that follow this convention. Also note that I dont want different spellings for the same thing for example NODE.js vs Node.js. When you post follow the previous convention for listing that stuff and languages are not the same as skills. Finnaly put a rating by your skills with 5 being expert and 1 being novice.
@wendell
@Eden
@FaunCB

Skills:
Discrete math 2.5
Web Development 3

Languages:
Python, Java, C, C++

1 Like

Skills:
Discrete math 2.5
Web Development 3
MySQL 3
Git 3

Languages:
Python, Java, C, C++, C#, JavaScript, HTML, CSS

Skills:
Web Development 1.5
MySQL 2
Arch-Linux admin 4
General Electronics 3
Mechanical Tooling 2
Micro controllers 2
Radio 1.5
Art 1
Music 2.5
Disassembly 1.5

Languages:
Python, Java, C, C++, C#, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, PHP, BASIC, bash, awk, Arduino, x86 Assembly

*Mechanical Tooling Defined as ability to use tools ranging from a drill or table saw up to a sand blaster or specialty tool
*General Electronics Defined as knowledge of the behavior and construction or circuits inc. using resistors, capacitors, etc. up to Integrated circuits and logic gates.
Micro controllers Defined as ability to use various platforms (Arduino, Pic, STM32, ESP) if more advanced inc. debugging and high voltage. If you can use an FPGA, this and GE are probably both 5s for you.
*Radio Includes SDR, RFID, NFC, HAM, etc. If you have a licence list it in pererns
*Art Defined as Digital or classical, which can be useful in PCB design, game design, etc.
*Music Defined both in the sense of analog synthesis and digital workstation (DAW) using MIDI, CV, or any other standard

Personal Note: I'm in college, time to reply may be high.

Telecommunications is my career: 5

Music, guitar, bass, drums, marching snare, vocals: 4

Audio/sound engineering: 2.5

Home networking: 3

I know absolutely 0 about programming other than basic HTML5.

MUSIC
recording/editing/mixdown 4
guitar 4
drums 2.5
vocals 3.5
alto saxiphone /piano 2 (been a long time)

TRADES
I ran my own renovations company (lots of trades carpentry mechanics electrical plumbing pipefitting iron working... etc... dare I say all? 4.5

ELECTRONICS
arduino 3.5
computers 3.5
general tinkering/repair 3

CODING
arduino 3.5
Slackware 3
c 2
c++ 2
c lite 3
bash 2
DOS batch 2
iOS (iphone apps) 3.5
unreal editor 4 (just starting to teach myself this) 1

Martial arts various forms of tai chi 4

My best skill is the ability to teach myself anything . If I want to know it, I learn it. 5

1 Like

ART
Photoshop 4.0
Illustrator 3.0
Typography 3.0
Print 4.0
Production 4.0
Creative Ideation 4.0
Critque 3.0

ENGINEERING
Structural / Architectural 4.0
Mechanical 2.5
3D Solid Modeling CAD 3.0
Finite Element Analysis 3.0
Auto Repair 2.0
I am a hack, but I can keep my car running without paying mechanics to do it.

LISTENING
I am no doctor, but I feel your pain. I have received enough psychotherapy over the years to be able to help others accept that it is best to get help from a qualified medical professional instead of me.

1 Like

Skills
Business: 4-ish
Economics: 3
Inventor: 3.75
EAGLE: 2 maybe?
Breaking things: 6
GIMP: 1.27

Languages
English: Bad
German: Worse

1 Like