SK Hynix Platinum P41 firmware update on Linux

Hi guys, I picked up the SK Hynix 2TB Platinum P41 for Black Friday, but now wondering how to upgrade firmware on Linux. Don’t see them having uploaded anything on fwupd either. Worst case as I’m going to have Windows also installed on a separate drive, would it be possible/advisable to upgrade SSD firmware via Windows even if Linux is installed as the OS on the drive?

Is there a firmware update for the P41?

To clarify, my question is more in anticipation of when there might be one and what one would do to update the firmware if one had Linux installed on a P41. That said, I don’t think there is an update (yet) but I wouldn’t know because my motherboard is on the way as of this writing.

There is now. You can use the bootable firmware update tool, or the storage tool, available for Windows or Linux (and yes, I think the firmware should stick after installing it on Windows if you prefer).

Unfortunately as a new user I can’t seem to link these, but search for them under the new brand name Solidgm. :smirk_cat:

I see a firmware update for the Solidigm P41 Plus (DRAM-less QLC) but not for the SK hynix P41 Platinum (TLC). What’s the new firmware version number? Mine’s on 51060A20, from the factory.

Thanks. I have the same firmware on the Platinum P41 = 51060A20. I bought mine back in December 2022, so I guess there has not been a new firmware released since then.

Yeah, I figured I could just use Windows to do the fw update if it comes to it.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.