Single Node Virtualisation Server for running a VDI

Firstly, I’m new here, so anything I miss please forgive me.

I’ve been using TrueNAS Core with 4 different Windows 11 VMs (I know not the most recommended) accessible via 6 Zero Clients and 4 Laptops (VMs have multi-users and running RDP Wrapper to achieve this)

It was running all good for past 5-6 months but recently it’s been that TrueNAS shutdown the VM on it’s own whenever there is High usage in network shares.
So, I’m thinking of shifting to a new platform for the Host OS.
I’ve shortlisted three out of many which have support plans and I’ll be okay to take one for a support but not costing 25% of Server Cost per Year :joy:

1. Proxmox (have used it multiple times but everytime some error or mis-configuration led me to shift from here, also it’s on a cheaper side for support plans)
  2. XCP-NG (have heard alot of good things but never tried it, plans are a bit expensive but I’m okay with it)
  3. VMware ESXi (have used it previously liked the way it handled VMs but have 2 problems, one, hardware raid for achieving redundant storage and second, expensive support plans and even the community isn’t that friendly)

Now for the Hardware,

1. AMD EPYC 7542
  2. Supermicro H12SSL-I MBD
  3. Micron 128GB 3200MT/s ECC Memory (4x 32GB)
  4. Samsung 860 Evo 250GB x2 (for Host OS)
  5. Gigabyte Aorus 500GB x4 (in Mirror with Stripe) (for VM disks)
  6. Intel X710-DA2 10G SFP+ NIC
  7. Seagate Exos 10TB x2 (for network shares and local backup)

With this kind of Hardware in a single node, what Host OS will be the best option for Virtualisation?

(PS - for the single Node there are 2 backups available, one server at my home in different location from the above which will be installed at my office. And second in the cloud with Backblaze B2, obviously encrypted)