Single board advice

Same here.

There are powerful SBCs (Latte Panda, ASRock SOC, etc.), I would not bet on any of those pushing any acceptable (>= 30) FPS in any modern-ish (released after 2010) title.
So unless you have another computer elsewhere in the house doing the heavy lifting, I don’t see any SBC working out for gaming.

For webbrowing, an Odroid XU4 or RPI 3 will be fine.

For gaming, a cheap option could be sticking a Ryzen 3200G into an ASRock Deskmini A300. For ~£400 you could get a system like this

1 Like

Hiya maze you misunderstood me I WAS looking for a cheap but capable as possible for the money pc SBC or android box for basic surfing bare minimum and anything else I can get is a plus I have very basic understanding of hacking as in I can follow a guide online and I’m not afraid of bricks which has given me a screaming Wii emu/media centre once a dual unlocked to Tri phenom 2 another time q psp and a couple of Samsung’s running cyanagen mod PS2 we free mcboot etc so I was talking to this stall owner about my needs and how I can put up with a bit of fuckin about to maximize my lot and got a brand new Roku quad we 512 GB ram ferva tenna he asked if I was comfortable we running a few scripts and daisy chaining peripherals to get the most out of it and of course I’m in! So he sorted me out a number to ring to sort out email addresses after work and he’d sort me an APK download to unlock the ram package to 2 GB also gave me a Dell USB keyboard and mouse and a slimline Asus usb dvd drive and only charged me an extra £20 all in cost me £30 and he says it’ll run a RT build of crisis 2 at about 40 FPS if I do 720 low graphics I just gotta get a powered usb hub to run the gubbins cuz he didn’t have one handy I’m expecting him to bell me anytime now intact he’s late to walk me through it :sunglasses:

1 Like

Don’t mind me then. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No problems mate your excused I was a noob once an it’s mad what you can achieve we a few 1337 scripts and a healthy disregard of warranties I’ll update after I download this ram

lol mazeframe isn’t a noob.

3 Likes

I’ve just got a message telling me to ring 08710419419 to download my ram? The number don’t work?

Is Wendell in? Can I have a quick word we him please?

I’m beginning to think that this is not quite right somehow

Bro.

You cannot download ram.

Doesn’t work that way.

RAM is a physical component.

1 Like

I just googled that number an it’s a us premium no but it don’t work tho . Why would he give me that an not just give me the ram APK? Don’t get it :thinking:

I mean I paid fer it an it’s not like an unlock hack costs him oat? Hmmmm

Any one here? Like now?

They could go above 30, just dont expect them to transcode into another resolution or hardcode subtitles.

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure what you want here, and you didn’t mention a price so I’m going to go ahead and throw this out there.

If you’re looking for a single board computer that can game I’d recommend ASRock 4x4, but it’s $290 - $380 bare bones. They have embedded Ryzen processors, and the one I got has a 3.6Ghz (boost) 4 core 8 thread CPU with Vega 8 graphics, and it’s a beast. It plays Halo Reach @ 1080p and it looks much better and runs smoother than Reach on the 360

I got this one, but there’s one that’s a bit under $300

However, for what you’re doing (building an HTPC I believe) I’d recommend a used desktop. Lots of great videos on YouTube turning Dell desktops into cheap gaming PCs.

This particular one isn’t very impressive, but just spend a bit more on your GPU. I recommend checking your local classifieds for a GPU deal, if you’re comfortable dealing with people.

You can also get an air mouse to make navigating less cumbersome, however I’d keep a proper keyboard on the ready since typing on those air mice can get very annoying when putting in passwords. They’re nice for quick searches though.

I’ve got 3 of these, and it’s my favorite one by far:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078NT49MJ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_dxu8Eb6B953D0

I don’t benefit in anyway from any of these links.

Any chance of a UK or Europe (RIP, Brexit. Too soon…) for one of those smexy beasts?

Not just for me, OP was UK based, I think

Do you not have Newegg? Unfortunately I don’t know of any other stores that carry it aside from Newegg.

No worries, it’s probably on Amazon for the other guy.
I don’t use Amazon if I can find an alternative, but was only mildly curious.

It’s not on Amazon that’s where I originally wanted to get it, but it turns out ebay has it.

Well, EBay is just a marketplace? But it does enable sellers to ship internationally

Regarding the x86 boards, i dont really have a ton of experience with them