Sinden Lightgun (LCD Lightgun)

http://www.sindenlightgun.com.

Really considering buying this, would be cool to play these games at home

Ill post an update if i get it this year like it claims (Possible $130 mistake)

2 Likes

“it uses 60 fps camera because really 30 fps is too fast for the human eye” Oh man could of just said that is a good mix of price and low delay.

1 Like

That made me sad, but the tech and the dude seem legit

I wonder if those older games are fps locked

1 Like

Yeah looks good otherwise. This is the only thing I had a gripe with and it’s nothing about the product itself.

Pretty sure they are.

1 Like

I’m just pumped to be able to play light gun games at the house. VR would be an option in the future, but hoenestly the classics are good enough and allow it to be way more casual

Awesome I like this.

…but where can it be used. I have not looked at the kick starter link yet. Like only emulators? I am watching the video now.

It would be amazing if the likes of Capcom got on this and made a new time crisis.

I also had a lot of fun playing Die Hard 2 with my light gun on a ps1. Still have the gun and game and even ps1 and 2 , but no more CRT…

Edit: oh wow I just heard the 60fps bit… What a twat.

1 Like

yeah 60fps thing was special, but is plenty of refresh as this is mainly aimed at TVs and games of the time were not faster then that probably. Emulators is the main place you would want it anyway.

Still been getting updates on this, and progress is coming along nicely. Might up my order to two of them (he said he will be allowing increases if people want etc

So while its been awhile guy seems legit and has progress reports that have updates monthly

1 Like

Not sure if I want to upgrade to a 2nd gun or not. I am tempted to wait till he does 2nd wave and get a recoil gun so I have both. Dont really want to upgrade to 2nd recoil as that would push my shipping to August and rather get my gun then.

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/post-what-new-thing-you-acquired-recently/149881/2957?u=mutation666

Orders are open now to non-backers see ^

So first shipments should be going out soon(beta shipping wave, first like 500 backers im like 900 so gonna be wave 2), when I get mine I will post my thought on it.

1 Like

Soon TM

1 Like

1 Like

Royal mail, well Lah-Di-Dah… Haha. Only joking I know that is the standard service.

Looking forward to seeing what it can do, and if it works beyond 30 FPS…

LTT did a review of a pre release unit. It should work plenty fine on the old arcade games I plan on playing with it. I guess ill need to fire up my retro pi or use my VR PC for it.

I would love to play the PS1 Die Hard Trilogy light gun game again… I mean I can now I still have the PSX and disk and gun and a CRT… But you know PC!

And 50+" screens

1 Like

Creeping closer

They arrived today

1 Like