Silent loop 2 Pump orientation?

Hi Forum.
I just bought an installed a Silent Loop 2 120mm AIO.
Due to me using a Thermaltake The Tower 100 the pump is mounted on the side (see pictures).

It cools my i7-9700k quite well, and is quite silent even under load.
The question is, will the mounting of the pump degrade cooling performance with tubing at the bottom, instead of the side?
Or is does it not matter whether the are on the side, or the bottom.

Also will the pump life be shorter than when it is mounted with the tubes on the side?

The radiator in horizontally in the top of the case.
My daughter has the same case, but with an ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming, and a Ryzen7 3800x. I am planning on buying one for her system also, so it would be nice to know if that’s a good or bad idea, since the cooler will be mounted the same way :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance for any input :slight_smile: :+1:

it shouldn’t as your pipes from the rad are at the base end of the pump any air will get pushed into the top of the rad. well away from intake and return.

as a precaution after install turn the pc so its sitting on its back (not back side) run the pump and it should clear any air that might be in it. after that just stand it upright and any air in the system will be trapped at the top of the rad.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.