Silent drone

I found this to be quite interesting. I know nothing about ion thrust engines, just thought maybe some others might have input.

3 Likes

Oh man, I can already picture his phone been blown up by the military for this.

2 Likes

wow that’s awesome!

Impressive. Thank you for the post.

Seems to be a lot of talk in the comments about there bing a Electric Ducted Fan in the centre with thrust vectoring flaps underneath.

I did see the intake during the video and immediately had the MGS Alert ! Go off in my head.

The tech is real but ionic thrust is tiny. Like maybe grams of thrust, not kilos.

There is suspect talk of the fan and all the videos being silent… And the floor unit not having the fan visible at all. Seems very suspect.

1 Like

Who says that they have not…

I saw that too. I imagine that the fan is really there for vertical lift and to act as a Gyro to counter the weight of one of the quadrants tipping. There is a reason why Ion thrust is only used really in space. → but we will see what this turns into. I imagine that this will either end up as vaporware or Musk will by them up and sell it for full self driving satellite tech that needs “no fuel”.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see the results of shooting this drone. It looks so interesting. I think drones with propellers have not lost their relevance yet, and it can work great now, but it would be great to see silent drone in use