Should I send this psu back?

So I ordered an evga Supernova GQ 650w for 73.99 on amazon. I just barely received my order today but when i opened the box I noticed that it wasn't the psu I ordered it was an evga supernova 850 B2 which is currently 88.08 plus whatever tax is applied. Not only did they send the wrong item they were also late with the order by a few days ( I used prime 2 day shipping). My question is should I just keep it or go through more trouble returning it ?

In general Amazon will tell you to keep it as it is more time and effort for them to swap them so they just write it off. IT is up to you what you do, I would let them know myself if something like this happened but that is just me.

2 Likes

Hm, may cause issues if you ever need to RMA and your invoice doesn't match what you have.

Personally i would return it for the correct one or see if they'll give you a new invoice for that model.

1 Like

As far as the PSU goes it is more wattage but lower efficiency rating. If you are fine with more wattage and the unit is fully functional I would say go ahead and keep it. I only have experience with the G2 models not the B2.
Also you can send a message to amazon support and its in their policy to give you a free month of prime. Although depending what time you ordered it say late Wednesday night or Thursday it would qualify for a Monday shipment.

way back in the early days of the mail order people would mail random people shit along with a bill claiming they owed them money for something they never ordered. as a result a law was passed to prevent this. anything that you receive in the mail you legally own. military accidentally mails you 50 tons of guns? you own them now. ect.
regardless of the morals of "should you do X" you legally own the power supply now.

1 Like

Keep the 850 B2 I believe those are Bronze? But contact the vendor just in case of a future RMA. Also KEEP RECEIPTS