Should i get Doom Collector's Edition?

$130 on Amazon Canada right now. And personally i think it's a really steep price to pay just for a steelbook and Revenant statue. I actually want the steelbook more than anything. I could care less about the statue.

I FINALLY beat Doom II. And Doom 3. I beat Doom a long time ago. I've caught up on the series and now i'm ready for Doom. Game looks fantastic. I just can't believe they aren't doing singleplayer expansions. That's what the game is! This isn't Counter-Strike, FFS! Multiplayer is so tacked on, it's pissing me off. Even if it is decent. I just wanna crack open a Monster BFC and start playing this awesome game... Been stoked since we saw the E3 reveal of it way back when.

If its a game you care about do it, if its just a game that you kinda like pass on it.

?

Oh yeah, and when the Steam summer sale starts, would that possibly bring down the price of the Collector's Edition?

@Prenihility I have seen CEs for big games drop further than that and considering what is in this I wouldn't be surprised if it got cheaper in the very near future. However it is up to you what you will pay for things. I honestly will not buy CEs until they are significantly brought down in price and in my house right now I'd say the majority of them I own are things I truly wanted so I got lucky in waiting on price drops. One thing I will say is always check EB Games website for things and always check in their stores too as when they really want to clear something out they do it in a big way. Well at least that is what I have experienced at multiple stores in different cities but also in buying from them online. Anyway best of luck with your decision and enjoy if you get it and hey if you end up not wanting it later on you can always flip it.

You could always sell the statue, are these collectors edition still in print?

Yeah, i pulled the trigger on it last night.

Can't wait to kill me some demons with that 8 string Meshuggah-esque riff in the background. Giggidy.

They aren't doing expansions because the game includes the SnapMap tool to make your own. There are a lot of awesome user made levels.

The expansion I like most of all now is Arcade Mode. I think it only opens up after you complete the single player game. I can jump into any level and I score points for each kill. The faster you kill you earn multipliers to increase your score. If your killing slows down the multiplier starts to fade. It's fun to jump in and play one level to rack up a high score.

I almost never play multiplayer, because I get my ass kicked too fast, but I hear they keep improving it.

Now go rip a demons arm off and beat him to death with it.

WHA? Those aren't singleplayer expansions. How would you even regard that as SP expansion? Some Nazi Zombie-type game someone threw together in some in-game level creator? I'm talking about Resurrection of Evil. Or... The Shivering Isles. Something that adds to the SP experience. Official content.

I'm pretty sure there's a gigantic threshold between shooting waves of enemies, vs Singleplayer. Where you're actually part of the story.

Because I had fun with content that was not part of the official SP mission?
whatever...
Let's agree to disagree. I to would like to see additional content from id, but some of those user made levels are really good. Most of them are shit.

I'm sure they are. And i plan on recreating some OG Doom levels. But, still... I need MORE STORY. It was so badass listening to some of the lore being told by the Demon. I couldn't help it. I had to spoil myself a little. It's clearly backstory for the Doom Marine. I just wish we could get a little more immersed in it. The sequel better deliver on that. When i finish the game, you can bet your ass i'm gonna be back on here discussing the Doom guy's origins/etc. The demons actually speak now? I hope there are more speaking demon characters. It's so interesting now. Ahaha, how far the series has gone. We went from a couple paragraphs at the end of each game, to an actual codex of fictional information now!

1 Like