Should I get a second monitor?

Alright I can get a second matching aoc e2351f for 110 shipped on ebay. I could do dual monitor gaming then. Would it be worth it?

What rig have you got? I would buy a second monitor ONLY if I couldn't improve the computer first

Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FX-UD3

CPU: AMD FX-4100 OC to 4.2 Daily 

Cooler: XIGMATEK Gaia SD1283

Ram:G.Skill Ripjaw 8 gb DDR3 1600

Video Card: GTX 650 Ti 2gb SSCCase: NZXT Gamma

Fans: 4 Xigmatek Extreme Octagon 120mm Fans and 1 NZXT 120mm Fan

HD: 320gb 7200rpm Segate Barracuda 

Power Supply: Antec ea-500d 500 watt power supply

My birthday is coming up and I might ask for a 7970 for a triple monitor setup.

7970 is a very good card, I would definitely upgrade from a 650ti if you want to do a triple monitor setup. You're computer could see some upgrades, certainly. You've only a small amount of storage, no SSD, 500W PSU is enough for a single GPU (just something to consider), your CPU is quite low end. Good news is that you have a decent mobo to build upon.

Yep. FX 8350, 7970, and a nice 750 watt seasonic power supply will be coiming soon. that and a nice ssd. Right now I have the option to buy a second 23" monitor or get an ssd or get a power supply.

Out of interest, what SSD are you going to buy? 120GB of space is generally enough for your operating system and a couple of games. It will reduce all your start up and loading times for any of your games/programs. If you can afford it, try and get a good 250GB SSD. I think the Samsung 840 is out of your budget. With the FX8350 you will need a CPU cooler before you overclock it. It will run fine a stock clock, though. 750W Seasonic (very good brand) power supply is going to allow you to populate your mobo with a couple of 7970, when you decide to buy the second one!

I forgot to add... I have a xigmatek gaia cooler now. Same thing as a hyper 212 evo basically

Well, you can do a mild overclock with it. Don't push it too far. That might be something to upgrade in the future, but it isn't really necessary to do now. I think you're going to have a really great build

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

BUT NOT SO MUCH DUAL MON GAMING

I just prefer having dual monitors for streaming, and general usage, not specifically gaming

^ but if he wants to do triple monitor gaming, he needs the juice to back it up. Personally, I don't see the appeal. I want a single high res monitor! Then maybe my laptop to one side :P

I'm currently running 3 monitors its pretty epic. I dont use so much for gaming more just for multi tasking and it comes along with an amazing feel although some may argue it is not needed it just gives you that wow feeling. :) 2 24" gateways 1080p and a nice 20" 720p HP for the middle screen :)