Shit shit shitty itouch

Got a free itouch and it was great until i tried jailbreaking it and failed so i lost all my stuff and i had to restore it. after i restored it i put everything back and now my music wont play and my apps wont load.

That'll teach you for trying to jailbreak it.To fix the issue hold the lock button until "slide to power off" comes up, turn it off, leave it for a few seconds, then press the lock button again to start it up, should work.

I don't know if it matters what model itouch you got, but that could've been the problem. Since Apple most likely tried to prevent people from jailbreaking their phones. I can see why people would want to though...

lol. Gotta know what versions you are jailbreaking before you do it. Used to be uberleethax at that shit, but then I forgot almost everything

its a second gen. I know I only wanted to jailbreak it because after sometime i decided i wanted mod it in some form and the only thing really was the jailbreak. I googled the app wont start problem and i dont get anything except restart it and erasing everything  in the settings and putting it back. I would do that except redownloading apps is a pain in the ass and I cant sync apps using itunes because it says im not authorized to. I have tried restarting it and i turned it off for a few hours and nothing has changed. My music does play.

hmmm.... well i hate apple so if i were you i would sell it on ebay or smash it with a hammer....

Just restore it to default again in itunes.

It could be because you have not logged into your itunes account where you got all the apps. Mine did that before too.

Try restoring it to an earlier firmware.

Seems stupid that it does this kind of thing, considering jailbreaking isn't even illegal. You'd think it'd be illegal for Apple to prevent you from doing it.

Does it work now?