Sharing connection to another interface

Hello all ,
well , I’m using fedora on my laptop , connecting to my router via ethernet cable and I want to share this connection via a hotspot . so I opened the GUI of NetworkManager that KDE provides , added a wifi-shared connection , and opps :frowning: when I try to connect any device to it it stuck on “obtainig ip address” forever .

now I know there is some thing different about networking in fedora , maybe the firewall , so I went to the firewall application , activated the dhcp service for the runtime and permanent , of course both the ethernet and wifi networks are in the home zone and so I checked it twice in the firewall , restarted NetworkManager and firewall.d services , and boom , the same , I restarted wifi on my phone , the same . :frowning:

and now I don’t know what else to do , I’m not good enough to make changes to iptables in fedora since there is a lot of chains and I don’t want to make a disaster .

note that I connect to the router by manual ip address that is under 255.255.255.240 subnet mask and used “shared to other computers” in the wifi-shared connection .

but when I typed ifconfig in the terminal it gave me an ip address that is under 255.0.0.0 subnet mask for the wifi-shared connection . now I know that they are different networks but I supposed that the kernel will forward the packets correctly .

I’m stuck here and I think I need your help to solve this :frowning:
any recommendations ? and where the hell can I find a proper doc for networking in fedora cuz I searched in the fedora magazine and found nothing … thanks for the help .

1 more thing , if I better move this post under the linux tag please tell me . :slight_smile:

ok guys , it’s done

the answer is this :

/usr/sbin/dnsmasq --conf-file --no-hosts --keep-in-foreground --bind-interfaces --except-interface=lo --clear-on-reload --strict-order --listen-address=10.42.0.1 --dhcp-range=10.42.0.10,10.42.0.254,60m --dhcp-option=option:router,10.42.0.1 --dhcp-lease-max=50 --pid-file=/var/run/nm-dnsmasq-wlp3s0.pid --conf-dir=/etc/NetworkManager/dnsmasq-shared.d

dnsmasq wasn’t running , so you know the rest .
I’ll leave it here for you to see it .