Seeking Ryzen mITX for server build

Hey guys,

So as the title states I am looking for a mini itx board that will support ECC and allow me to pass-through the one PCIe slot and NVMe. I’ll be using a NVMe to PCIe x4 adapter. So the the board will need to have a NVMe slot. I’ve had my eyes set on the ASRock Fatal1ty AB350. I believe ASRock boards support ECC but I am not sure about the IOMMU grouping of the PCIe slot and NVMe.

Any insight would be appreciated.

So using the PCIe for more NVMe storage? Or is there an adapter to use a GPU with an NVMe M.2 port?

If the former, you’ll have to use a 2200G/2400G and none of the boards I’ve seen so far will support ECC for the non-pro models (which I can’t find anywhere yet).

Here’s what I’ll be using for the NVMe to PCIe x4s-l500

I wanted to use the 2700 non X

1 Like

Well that certainly clarifies things! FWIW I believe the Biostar allows for PCIe bifurcation as an option (2x8 lanes) but I have no idea how that translates for IOMMU groupings.

You’d think things like this would be listed in product specifications. It would help the buyer and may increase their sales.

But it’s not “gamery” enough.

/s

I also want to do the same thing though, but for a media server/router, except of course a 2200G would be perfect with the exception of no ECC support :-/

My plan is…

ESXi with the following VMs: pfsense, Debian (Docker, Snapraid, Mergerfs), Windows 10. I’ll need to pass-through the HBA to the Debian VM and a network adapter to the pfsense VM.

I would really like if motherboard manufacturers would stop with the whole “Gaming” branding. It’s a joke!

I’ve been avoiding this but I may have to take the hit. I’ve owned the X10SDV-TLN4F before. I was hoping to use a Ryzen with higher clock speeds and lower price tag. But the X10SDV-TLN4F has all the features I’m seeking aside from the CPU and price.

That’s a nice number of ports there. And 4 RAM slots… :drooling_face:

At $435+… ouch.

Yea I know but it comes at a price $850. Also includes 10gbe plus IPMI which is a nice to have.

I don’t know about the reliability of this vendor, but it’s here for $435: http://www.nextwarehouse.com/item/?2698859_g10e

Edit: woop, quadcore.

Thanks, that’s the 4 core version and it does not include the two 1gbe ports. I had this board in the past as well. I had attempted to use it as a desktop computer. It just couldn’t cut it. At least not for my desktop usage.

@Steinwerks, You may want to consider the quad core version for you build.

I thought about it, and although it’s cool, might be a bit overkill in terms of price to performance for my purposes.